Welcome to Fairfax’s consultation displaying proposals for the former Reading Golf Club, Emmer Green, Reading
Fairfax, a development company with over 25 years’ experience of delivering superior quality homes, are pleased to bring forward revised draft proposals for new homes at the former Reading Golf Club, Kidmore End Road, Emmer Green, Reading.
Fairfax has taken time to review the feedback provided in relation to our previous application for this site. As a result, we are now bringing forward significantly amended plans that respond, where appropriate, to the comments received.
The amended masterplan, which will deliver much-needed new family and affordable homes for the local community, features:
- Up to 223 new dwellings and associated parking, which is a reduction from our initial proposals for 257 homes
- 67 new affordable homes, helping local families and new starters find a home of their own
- Extensive areas of green publicly accessible open space – significantly more than we proposed in the previous application – including a locally equipped area of play
- Enhanced vehicular access from Kidmore End Road
- A network of cycling and pedestrian connections to integrate the development to neighbouring communities
- Sustainable travel features, including electric vehicle charging points and cycle storage across the development
- A sustainable urban drainage strategy to effectively manage surface water drainage and prevent flooding
- Extensive landscaping, including the delivery of new trees on site, the planting of 1,000 trees to enhance Cucumber Wood, as well as ecology and biodiversity benefits
Recognising the significant shortage of homes in the area, Fairfax wishes to seek the views of local residents on our revised proposals, prior to the submission of a planning application to Reading Borough Council.
We have therefore prepared this Virtual Exhibition to allow local people to engage with the scheme and the community benefits that it would deliver.
Once you have viewed the amended draft proposals, please consider leaving your views and comments and views using the Feedback tab.
This consultation will remain open until midnight on Monday 1st November 2021.